Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Ivy so what your saying is you know for a fact that the Albanians didn't take any bets any wheres besides out of north Philly? They only stayed in their ethnic groups? There was no physical way someone could of picked up a phone from south Philly and placed a bet with the Albanians because the Italians are taking so much heat? Your saying you saw where all of their bets were being taken place?

And we can't ignore the fact that any wise bettor would probably stray away from LCN Philly books because of the recent spotlight shown on Ligambi and his betting ring and unwanted attention. I have my doubts on the 800K coming solely from Albanian ethnicity. The fact is that the Albanians probably did take bets from some of the customers that the Italians normally take due to recent legal mishaps.

So respectfully, I do not agree with your ethnicity thesis, for I know books down in Louisiana that take bets from blacks, asians, whites, etc.

Sure, it's possible they took a bet from a guy who's also bet with mob bookies. But look at the number of mob gambling cases over the past decade in Philadelphia and look at the number of Albanian or other gambling cases in Philadelphia. No comparison. The Philadelphia mob doesn't have anything more to fear from these Albanian bookies than the NY mob did from the Rudaj group.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/27/13 10:25 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.