Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
I don't have a clear answer for you,but if I had to speculate,I would pick Gambino as the one most likely to have been a hitter. He was made in Sicily when he was nineteen. As we know,the Sicilian Mob was totally ruthless,and would kill babies in their cribs if it was necessary to satisfy a vendetta.For them to make a guy that young tells me that he had a notch or two on his gun. In addition,a duplicitous,cunning weasel like Gambino knew that killing would have been a step up in his world,so I could see him doing whatever he had to do.

Aside from blog writers where do we have it from a good, reliable source that Gambino was made in Sicily at age 19? He may have been, but there are a lot of blogs out there that just repeat false information. There are a lot of books that repeat bad information. John Davis in books like Mafia Dynasty gets a lot of things wrong (he gets a lot of things right too). One example is the photo he includes of Anglo-Egyptian/Maltese/Sicilian mobster Salvatore Messina and claims it was Salvatore Maranzano. He and Jay Robert Nash were responsible for using the photo of Messina and claiming it was Maranzano. I believe they also claimed that Vito Cascio Ferro sent Maranzano and Gambino to America (he did not). So again, where did the claim that Gambino was made in Sicily at age 19 come from?