Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Falsifying records? I think you're going too far lol. If someones your parents then they are your parents. Legally they are your parents. If it says on that paper that so and so is your mother an father than they are. In a court of law it would say joe is your father whether he is your biological father or not. If it says it on that paper, then that's what it is.

Quote:
Lets say, I adopted a boy at infancy and he had a project in school where he had to trace back his ancenstry. I'm not going to say, "Well your German". In going to say "You grew up Italian with me and your mother, you have my last name, you are italian. My ancestry goes back to Italy, therefore, so does yours".

No, the boy's real ancestry is from wherever his biological parents were from. This is something that can't be changed by the courts, upbringing, etc. Somebody may be recognized legally as something, but that doesn't change what they actually are.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.