As sad as I do find it all, especially looking at places where there is a motorway or a power plant and thinking man, once this was beautiful, but I accept that a reasonable amount of deforestation WAS needed to progress. But now? The Tongass forest in Alaska was saved by Greenpeace, it's one of Americas biggest forests and they were planning to cut down large portions for lumber mining, and simply clearing. It's got to a stage that we've muscled out all the animals to small pockets, killing off plenty of species, and yet we would still clear it? I mean look at the Amazon, the worlds most naturally biodiverse regions, yet it is still cleared for cattle. Nearly 45% of its original state is nearly gone. There's so much free land left in the area too for you to have your farms, it's strange.

I'm not saying it wasn't neccessary to clear most of the Eastern United States as has happened but need you cut any more? I have grown up around forests and tell you now they are the most beautiful, amazing places on the entire planet. Why would anyone want a planets wilderness gone? Not to mention the indigenous people in Amazon, Congo, Indonesia etc who have even been murdered even so the logging companies can keep logging. Anyway, if you need wood the world has plenty of plantations and plenty of room for plantations.

It's my opinion, but who here has enjoyed a forest (and believe me, North America has beautiful forests)?

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.