Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Number 1 he has a history of doing this. Why then would you assume he works for the local, since he's a made member, what is his purpose of working there???
Also the people that hired him must be in. Bed with the mob.
One simple background check or google search would bring up his history??
Anyone in the field of labor that deals with him on a regular basis has to know him and what he is and what he represents.How could anyone in labor in Chicago not know about his expulsion from the laborers an obviously they deal with him because the mob in the unions is a fact of life in Chicago, even today

Also don't tell me he's retired or retreated. He's mentioned in the news and court papers and was said to be a capo in Scott burnsteins family affair book.
I know if I was a "legit union treasure" I would sue the shit outta him for libel and slander unless of course I can't because whats been said and written and alleged is true.
The same goes for the banks family and jimmy deleo. I know if I was a "legitament" politician like those guys and not controlled by the mob then I would sue the shit outta John kass and the tribune and the FBI, unless of course I can't because what was written and alleged and stated by a fucking FBI agent is factually correct
Again don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's 1983, I know it's 2013. I'm just saying they have more labor union and political connections than you give them cedit for.

Even if we assume Matassa is doing everything you say, that's one small, financially struggling local. And apparently he's not doing enough to even warrant an indictment.

And people can mention what few names they have, such as DeLeo, but the connections and whatever benefit the Outfit receives is often unclear. The connection to, and benefit from, Betty Loren Maltese was clear because there was an indictment; like Greylord and Gambat previously. Now, it seems were left with mostly vague connections and speculation more than anything.

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Fact is, they are a toothless tiger.

That essentially is what all these conversations are about.

And the bottom line is these days "The Outit" is about as formidable as a legitimate mid size business. No more, no less.

Back in the early 2000s the feds estimated the entire Outfit annual take at $200 million, which was almost certainly inflated.

These days it's far less. Which puts it squarely in the "small business" category.

They don't kill people and they have greatly, greatly diminished political connections.

Essentially it's over.

I think it was $100 million. But even that was a faulty figure. One journalist gleaned it from another article, which was about the Outfit's video poker operations, and claimed it was the Outfit's total annual income. But the $100 million a year from video poker was based on the estimate of the Outfit having 1,000 machines (where did they get that?), each of which took in $100,000 a year. Even if you average out the take from each machine, they apparently didn't take into account the standard 50/50 split with the business where the machines are placed.

Anyway, I wouldn't go as far as to say "It's all over." It's still a viable family, albeit more like the other small remaining families outside New York. And we have seen guys still get killed now and again (Jarrett, Chiaramonti, and Zizzo).

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/14/13 11:18 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.