Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
There is no contest. Boxing is way better than MMA. If you like MMA more than boxing than you werent a boxing fan to begin with. The fights that are on Showtime these days are very entertaining. Forget the belts, I just watch the fights.

there's no reason that you can't enjoy both, and boxing has a shitload to learn from mma. for starters, the whole "1 champion per weightclass" gimmick that the UFC has been using has been pretty successful. so has the "more than 1 meaningful fight per PPV" angle that they have exploited. i have been a fan of both sports for a while now, but the constant bullshit buffet that boxing serves up on a daily basis makes me sick! how the fuck is it even possible that the mayweather/pacquiao fight was unable to be put together? i guess 50 million+ just wasn't enough to satisfy the scumbag promoters and ecomaniac fighters.

for a while now mma fighters have been looked down upon for having mediocre boxing skills. those days are long gone and its getting better every year. fighters like junior dos santos, cain velasquez, fabio maldonano, anderson silva, geoges st peiere, nick diaz, gilbert melendez, frankie edgar, and jose aldo just to name a few all have very good technique, and would no doubt be able to make waves if they had chosen to solely pusue boxing on its own. lets also not forget that boxing, along with wrestling, muy thai, and jiu jitsu, make up the 4 core martial arts that comprise mma as we know it. boxing is the sport of punching, while mma is the sport of fighting, although they are both very exciting!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!