Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Riley Cooper has to be thinking that he may have played his last game for the Eagles. His team-ordered separation from the team will become commonplace to the point that considering his return to the team will be an uncomfortable distraction. His return hinges on one question: Does his value as a player outweigh the the ill feeling and loss of goodwill that his racist outburst caused?

I don't put a lot of credence on his apology. If the remarks were completely unrepresentative of his character and beliefs, he would have apologized when it happened, and not when it became financially necessary for him to do so. Also, the slur flowed too easily from his lips as he uttered it with violent overtones. Using the word in the a heinous context was just as easy for him as saying, "Please pass the sugar." I don't buy the drinking excuse either.
This is how most of Philly talks when they talk to there boys..Grew up hearing this..walk around south Philly.You will hear all day long.Not my thing but it is all around.
Yea it is worse then what he said ..they flat out shoot .

Certainly not in the context with which Cooper used it.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."