I agree the movie isn't the Godfather or anything like it, but for the reasons Faithful pointed out, I would consider a source. Is it a good, firm source? No. It is an indirect source based on Bill's heresy and both Joe and Bill are unreliable and self-serving at best (like all mobsters who write their own stories). So as to if Joe said he did it, it depends on how much you trust Bill's word and his producing on the movie.

Quote:
He claimed he wasn't even at the Apalachin meeting. I guess his underling happened to be carrying Bonnano's license and identified himself as Bonanno when stopped by the cops. That story never made sense to me.

That's something that's also bothered me too, he was in Sicily in October of 1957, Apalachin happened on November 17th, Joe claims he was in, or on the way back from Sicily if I remember right (it's been a year since I read his book), but that's a long time to stay away from New York, especially right after Albert Anastasia got killed (Oct. 25,1957).

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 08/14/13 02:14 AM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi