Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Ok, I've said it. It is a stupid sport that gets worse as each year goes by. The College conferences are a complete mess, they make no sense, and all of it is about money. The "student-athletes" aren't really students, and the number of thugs per capita among them compares to the rest of the population is too hish. Cash strapped schools pay coaches more than professors or researchers, and at the end of the day there are always the same five or six schools have a shot at the national championship.

As for the pro game, it is a waste of time. The frickin games take 4 to 5 hours...it is not worth it. There are countless replays, inane announcers and a few elite teams and little else worth watching.

I watched very little football last year and probably will watch none this year (except the Super Bowl, which no one really watches anyway. Its just an excuse to have a party).
Thoughts?

DT based on this quote you and my dad would get along perfectly, as he hates football hell he hates all sports so does my mom and my brother. I'm a sports fanatic Football, Hockey and NASCAR are my big 3