GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 787 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,607
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,360
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: pizzaboy] #734060
08/13/13 01:09 AM
08/13/13 01:09 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The two most overused words in the liberal encyclopedia are "hate" and "homophobic."

So, so true.

Quote:
Now that's not to say that there aren't some hateful homophobes out there, because there certainly are. But not everyone who opposes gay marriage is guilty of those labels. Especially if you oppose gay marriage for truly religious reasons.

And they know this but it's just easier to label them a hate-filled homophobe.

Quote:
It's funny how the Left screams about religious freedoms and tolerance where radical Islam is concerned, but if you oppose gay marriage because you're a God fearing Christian or an observant Orthodox Jew they don't want to hear about it.

Glad somebody else noticed this.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734075
08/13/13 02:32 AM
08/13/13 02:32 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Religion is only an excuse. I don't buy it. I'm no fan of religion, but it also tells people to be peaceful and loving toward one another, yet some choose to follow some other part. Heck, even Pope says he is not the one to judge a homosexual, but then some here judge them. I think they should own it and stop hiding behind their religion.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: afsaneh77] #734078
08/13/13 02:48 AM
08/13/13 02:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Religion is only an excuse. I don't buy it. I'm no fan of religion, but it also tells people to be peaceful and loving toward one another, yet some choose to follow some other part. Heck, even Pope says he is not the one to judge a homosexual, but then some here judge them. I think they should own it and stop hiding behind their religion.

Give me a break. It's not like people wake up one day and think, "I'll claim religion in order to justify my bias." Doctrine against homosexual acts is found in millenia-old scripture. And, while we are commanded to loving towards all, that doesn't mean tolerance trumps all else. It's still a sin and only the spiritually immature throw out obedience and then use love as an excuse. You'd just prefer people throw religion out the window altogether.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734085
08/13/13 03:03 AM
08/13/13 03:03 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Just own it. smile

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: Five_Felonies] #734093
08/13/13 04:06 AM
08/13/13 04:06 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
The two most overused words in the liberal encyclopedia are "hate" and "homophobic."

both very strong choices, but they are still runner-ups to "racist", the de facto way out of debates for liberals who are either too lazy, stupid or ignorant(often a combination of all 3) to actually explain their position.

They can't explain their position because it's based on knee-jerk emotionalism. If you don't have arguments then you use ad hominem attacks. It's what the left-wing does. If you criticize Obama, then you're a racist. If you agree with the Zimmerman trial ruling, then you're a racist. If you don't agree with same-sex marriage, then you're a homophobe.

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734476
08/14/13 12:20 PM
08/14/13 12:20 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734491
08/14/13 03:15 PM
08/14/13 03:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You can NOT seriously be comparing the plight of the American homosexual to that of the German Jew under Hitler and the Nazis. That's an insult to every Jew both on and off this site (I'm Italian American Catholic and I'm outraged).

I like you, Ronnie. We've been political advocates on many things over the years. But this is the kind of shit that gives all liberals a bad name. It's just as bad as the far right comparing Obama to the anti-Christ. But you're educated, so this may even be more ignorant.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: pizzaboy] #734548
08/14/13 07:21 PM
08/14/13 07:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You can NOT seriously be comparing the plight of the American homosexual to that of the German Jew under Hitler and the Nazis. That's an insult to every Jew both on and off this site (I'm Italian American Catholic and I'm outraged).

I like you, Ronnie. We've been political advocates on many things over the years. But this is the kind of shit that gives all liberals a bad name. It's just as bad as the far right comparing Obama to the anti-Christ. But you're educated, so this may even be more ignorant.

This really shouldn't surprise you, PB. The libs have already been trying to make a comparison between blacks and civil rights of the past and gays today. So this is hardly a shock, especially from somebody like ronnierocket.

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: pizzaboy] #734563
08/14/13 09:25 PM
08/14/13 09:25 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
You can NOT

PB. No disrespect, but maybe you haven't been to college in a while. "Education" today consists of liberal propaganda. Almost every school in the country is filled with professors spewing left wing garbage and indoctrinating the next generation of ignorant left wings zealots. So no, it should not be surprising that he is both educated and ignorant. I went to college in Indiana, and it was still one big liberal think tank.
Thats why I chose Accountancy, to get away from the pervasive zealotry that is Undergraduate America.

Last edited by vinnietoothpicks26; 08/14/13 09:28 PM.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734631
08/15/13 11:15 AM
08/15/13 11:15 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Those damn kids today, with the hair and the clothes....

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: Sicilian Babe] #734642
08/15/13 11:32 AM
08/15/13 11:32 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Those damn kids today, with the hair and the clothes....

Not to mention that noise they call music, their lax morals and their commie educations.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734664
08/15/13 03:14 PM
08/15/13 03:14 PM
So-Cal
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
I am assuming that somewhere within those "jokes" was an argument, or what passes for one on the left. My freshman year I had a professor (wont say her name) who said that the innocent Israelis who are victims of acts of terrorism by Hezbollah and similar groups deserved it because of the "occupation". Believe it or not, she was moreso middle of the road compared to other professors I had.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #734669
08/15/13 03:25 PM
08/15/13 03:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

PB. No disrespect, but maybe you haven't been to college in a while.

None taken, Vin. In a way you're spot-on. I went to Fordham from '77-'81. Now Fordham is Jesuit run and the Jesuits are pretty liberal, as far as Catholic Orders go. But it was nothing like Columbia or Berkeley. Places like that won't let you graduate today unless you have contempt for your country rolleyes.

But I'm not completely detached from today's college scene. My older daughter graduated from the University of Miami a few years ago; my younger daughter will graduate from Penn State after the fall semester; and my son begins SUNY Stony Brook in a couple of weeks. But my daughters made it through without taking up with the Taliban, so I'm pretty hopeful for my son whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734674
08/15/13 03:41 PM
08/15/13 03:41 PM
So-Cal
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
PB. Congrats on your kids! You must be proud. Moreover, you must be a good father, which is the most important thing.
Kids going into college are impressionable, which is why college is a breading ground for brain washing. Alot of these youngsters weren't instilled with the morals necessary to have a solid grounding in their value system. I thank God my father instilled in me a strong moral and value system that could not be rocked by a left wing zealot professor. Even though I lost him when I was 19, his lessons never left my mind and allowed me to stay strong in who I was, and not be easily manipulated.
The funniest thing about these professors is that the vast majority have never done anything with their lives besides teach, so its not suprising they are how they are.
Maybe if they left campus and got real jobs, they would have been cut down to size. Most people who live and work in the real world (not on a college campus) realize that many far left ideas are non applicable and even dangerous.
And oh, mabye some economics woulden't hurt them either.

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734678
08/15/13 03:49 PM
08/15/13 03:49 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
But it was nothing like Columbia or Berkeley. Places like that won't let you graduate today unless you have contempt for your country rolleyes.

That made me laugh PB, but sadly is probably true.

My older daughter graduated from the University of Miami a few years ago; my younger daughter will graduate from Penn State after the fall semester; and my son begins SUNY Stony Brook in a couple of weeks. But my daughters made it through without taking up with the Taliban, so I'm pretty hopeful for my son whistle.

Ouch, thats a lot of tuition money, i hope you planned ahead of time. I know guys that put saving for their kids college off to the last possible second and had to scramble for cash at the last minute. One guys daughter was at NYU in the city, he used to cry about what the tuition was costing him. Everytime i would run into him thats all i heard about. lol.

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #734681
08/15/13 03:56 PM
08/15/13 03:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The funniest thing about these professors is that the vast majority have never done anything with their lives besides teach, so its not suprising they are how they are.

Well, there's a cynical old saying that goes something like "those who can't do, teach," or something like that.

Now I'm not ready to throw all teachers under the bus like that, but unfortunately there are quite a few in that world who have no idea what life is like outside of academia. When I was younger we referred to them as "professional students," but that expression is probably a bit dated today.

But you know the guys I mean. Corduroy pants, tweed jacket with elbow patches, a cheesy mustache and an unlit pipe (at like twenty eight years old). I'm almost 54 and I still want to smack them when I see them lol.

Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #734686
08/15/13 04:28 PM
08/15/13 04:28 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I'm only two years removed from college and I tell you what considering I'm in Massachusetts I had some VERY liberal professors some of which I disagreed on almost every issue. However I also had some very good ones, some of which I'm still in contact with today. It's a mixed bag. My encouragement to younger kids these days, is to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions rather than form it on your Professor's. A good teacher would want students to think outside the box, not limit themselves

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #734757
08/15/13 10:10 PM
08/15/13 10:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I am assuming that somewhere within those "jokes" was an argument, or what passes for one on the left.

Sometimes a joke is just a joke, and a cigar is just a cigar.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Why the U.S. religious right wing LOVES Putin [Re: pizzaboy] #734874
08/16/13 03:56 PM
08/16/13 03:56 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Danito
scumbag Snowden.(...) what this kid did (that the Rosenthals .

You mean letting the world know how much the NSA is spying the communication on each and every-one of us?

I hate to hijack Ronnie's thread because I like him. But yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Freedom isn't free, pal. If you didn't learn that from your Nazi forebearers, then you'll never get it. But I'd expect nothing less from the peanut gallery that makes up the European Left. After all, and I hate to beat a dead horse here, you're the same guy who admonished us Americans for cheering when that piece of shit bin-Laden caught one in the eye. Your contempt for this great country isn't even thinly veiled anymore, and everyone here knows it (why do you think your thread on the pressure cooker was such a flop?)

So here's hoping that Bradley Manning gets twenty to life, and that scumbag Snowden gets to stay in Russia for the rest of his life at the expense of never being able to see his family again. Unless he man's up, comes home, and faces the music. Then I'll actually have a modicum of respect for the guy. But in the interim, I hope he chokes to death on a bowl of borscht.

I have to agree with this and the other Pizzaboy comments. Don't see how anyone in their right mind could think conservatives love Putin or any other KGB officer

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull