Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Actually, I'm glad. I think it's nice to see people, who bash the US and it's policies, not be allowed into the country (security threat notwithstanding).

Almost like the recent Bobby Fischer thing.

---

I'm sure deporting him is entirely racially motivated. Yeah, and OJ was innocent, too.
I don't think OJ's guilt or innocence has nothing to do with this.

How is Bobby Fischer even remotely related to this?

How is his statement that calls the 9/11 attack and the Russian school attack deplorable bashing the US and it's policy? Because he re-issued Peace Train?

If the reason that he is on this list is because he donated money to a charity that has since been tied to a terrorist group - then fine - that is a good reason. [/b][/quote]Piece by piece...

1.) OJ - because Capo wondered if Cat Stevens was a Yank, and whether that has any bearing as to him being on the watch list. I was comparing it to a racially motivated case, albeit a different context.

2.) Bobby Fischer has done something different, but by playing his chess match during a time when the US banned commerce with Yugoslavia (if I recall...?), he technically committed treason. Consequently, he has gone across the globe, spouting his anti-American message, as well as an anti-Jew message, despite the fact that his mother is jewish.

3.) Yusef Islam apparently (I don't have any links to confirm) did donate to some charity or whatnot that has ties to Hamas, but that also wasn't my point. He spoke out against the war in Iraq and US foreign policy (which is fine, he is entitled, but that doesn't mean I approve of it).

My point is that people love the freedoms and protections of the United States, yet they feel compelled to bash us as well.

I frankly, don't think it works both ways, especially if you aren't a US citizen. Go back home, Yusef.