I guess CBS isn't the only network willing to run with false stories.

Fox apologizes for fake Kerry quotes

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Fox News has apologized for posting phony quotes from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its Web site.

Carl Cameron, a Fox reporter who covers the Kerry campaign, wrote an item that looked like a news story with made-up Kerry quotes, said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman. The item was not intended to be posted on the site.

"Carl made a stupid mistake which he regrets," Schur said Friday. "And he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment. It was a poor attempt at humor."

The phony item posted early Friday read in part: "Rallying supporters in Tampa Friday, Kerry played up his performance in Thursday night's debate in which many observers agreed the Massachusetts senator outperformed the president.

" 'Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!' Kerry said Friday."

The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President Bush: "I'm metrosexual - he's a cowboy."

Asked about the incident, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "America would be stronger if only George Bush could admit his mistakes as easily."

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.