I sort of have a story. My uncle (my father's older brother) died under very mysterious circumstances in 1981, after becoming extremely wealthy under equally mysterious circumstances. We live in Louisiana (and are not Italian), but he married a woman from Illinois and moved there in the 60's. At first he was working as a printer's apprentice. But every time he would come down to visit the family, the wads of bills he would pull out got bigger and bigger. Later he told us that he bought the printing company he had been working at and said he was involved in real estate. One summer we packed up and went and visited him. It was like a friggin' resort. He lived in a mansion on 80 acres. He had his own lake with a pavillion, golf carts and three wheelers, the whole nine. After that, we went every summer! He was like a celebrity in Peoria. He had a larger than life personality and everybody seemed to know him. My dad worshipped him. On our last visit he confided to my dad that he had become associated with some "Italian businessmen" from Chicago, with a wink. My dad begged him to be careful. He said there was nothing to worry about. One night, the following winter, I heard my dad saying, "NO, NO!" My mom was trying to hug him and calm him down, but he ran out of the house. Then she told us. My dad's sister had just called her. My uncle had committed suicide, he had been found dead in his garage (carbon monoxide poisoning). My father was inconsolable and didn't believe that for a second. He, along with other family members demanded an investigation. A suicide note was found in the car, but it was typed. And it wasn't typed on the typewriter found in my uncle's home or office (nor had anyone ever seen my uncle type anything). Nor was it typed on paper that could be found in his home or office. Also, his body was found outside of the car. Almost to the door of the garage. He appeared to be crawling towards it when he succumbed. His cause of death was changed to "undetermined." But nobody was ever charged.

The end. Hope that wasn't too long winded.