GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (MeyerLansky, Liggio, 1 invisible), 784 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,548
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,532
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,453
Posts1,061,227
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73129
09/23/04 09:38 PM
09/23/04 09:38 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73130
09/23/04 10:35 PM
09/23/04 10:35 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
[b] I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite. [/b][/quote]Just because the Hitler Diaries turned out to be fake doesn't mitigate what Hitler did.

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73131
09/23/04 10:42 PM
09/23/04 10:42 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
[b] I can hear it now. Karl Rove and his team giving high fives to each other. They won.
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite. [/b][/quote]Just because the Hitler Diaries turned out to be fake doesn't mitigate what Hitler did. [/b][/quote]There is proof about what Hitler did. Bush opened up his military records to the public and everyone saw it and they ran the articles on them. Another person who received 2 combat V medals (which I might add people in the Navy are not even eligable for) has not opened up his military records.....
One seems ALOT more shady than the other.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73132
09/24/04 01:33 AM
09/24/04 01:33 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by beatlewho01-02:
Actually, I think in this case, the American public won. A victory over shoddy and biased journalism which has been the status quo for generations, starting with Walter Cronkite. [/b][/quote]Just because the Hitler Diaries turned out to be fake doesn't mitigate what Hitler did. [/b][/quote]Gee comparing Bush to Hitler, I've never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Simply put the more I hear about the screw up by CBS, the more I think the whole Kerry campaign is involved. Hell according to reports one of his advisors is already involved up to his neck.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73133
09/24/04 02:02 AM
09/24/04 02:02 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I just came across this pic that sums this whole thing up very nicely.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73134
09/24/04 02:03 AM
09/24/04 02:03 AM

post this on the other board to Iceman

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73135
09/24/04 03:29 AM
09/24/04 03:29 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
post this on the other board to Iceman
Ask and you shall receive.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73136
09/24/04 10:49 AM
09/24/04 10:49 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[QUOTE]...just I've never seen much of Fox or CBS to comment on their reporting style or political viewpoint. As for my interest in the debates, well as we've seen over the past 18 months the President of USA doesn't just have an impact on what happens inside America but in the rest of the world as well. So in that indirect sense the outcome of the election does affect me. Generally I think these TV "debates" can swing those who are genuinely undecided.
So again...if you're that interested in the debates and U.S. election, which is applaudable...where have you been.

Despite your not having watched Fox/CBS, the debate schedule was listed over a week ago...in fact I got it from neither of those networks.

Did you really have no other source than this Board to get the dates?

And re Cat Stevens...nope I've never really cared for his music. But even if I loved it, it wouldn't change my opinion on his current dilema.
Just because you enjoy the work of an artist doesn't mean you have to have anything in common with them politically.

If it were Barbra Streisand they kicked out of the country for the same reasons...I'd say go ahead & get her out. I've got the cd's if I ever want to hear her sing.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73137
09/24/04 11:26 AM
09/24/04 11:26 AM
Davis, CA
beatlewho01-02 Offline
Capo
beatlewho01-02  Offline
Capo
Davis, CA
The information in the forged documents are real, but just the fact that they are forged is just what Karl Rove likes. Now he can cry foul and gain sympathy for Bush. He did the same thing in 1986 in Texas. He announced that his office was bugged just before the Texas gubernatorial election(October surprise!) and just like that, his candidate won. Before, both candidates in the election were neck and neck. This is a hell of a lot better for him, because not only will Bush win, but he gets to smear Dan Rather's reputation. He may have failed with the Swift Boat Vets but he's made up that failure with this debacle.

Four more years.

I'm posting on my blog again-

http://www.blogomonster.com/thesane1
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73138
09/24/04 11:38 AM
09/24/04 11:38 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
The information in the forged documents are real, but just the fact that they are forged is just what Karl Rove likes.
It's what I like, too.

Because in their desperation to have Bush defeated CBS, a major news network...scuttled to air what may be factual information with bogus documents. Therefore completely overshadowing their intent with scandal, and proving in the process the longtime theory of liberal media bias.
Furthermore, it is now under investigation that the Kerry campaign may have had connections w/ CBS with regard to this story. BIG no no.

Good for them for getting tripped up in their own web. Godd for G.W. Bush and as Double-J states...good for the American public to finally be given a good look at what they're dealing with.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73139
09/24/04 11:43 AM
09/24/04 11:43 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
... Before, both candidates in the election were neck and neck. This is a hell of a lot better for him, because not only will Bush win, but he gets to smear Dan Rather's reputation.
By the way...even before this CBS thing broke out, Kerry had been losing ground. In fact his steady decline in the polls since the Conventions may have been part of what prompted Dan Rather & his ilk at 60 Minutes (and possibly the Kerry campaign itself) to try & dupe the American public.

And another thing...nobody needs to lift a finger to smear Dan Rather's reputation. He's already done a fantastic job of it himself.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73140
09/24/04 12:39 PM
09/24/04 12:39 PM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b] [QUOTE]...just I've never seen much of Fox or CBS to comment on their reporting style or political viewpoint. As for my interest in the debates, well as we've seen over the past 18 months the President of USA doesn't just have an impact on what happens inside America but in the rest of the world as well. So in that indirect sense the outcome of the election does affect me. Generally I think these TV "debates" can swing those who are genuinely undecided.
So again...if you're that interested in the debates and U.S. election, which is applaudable...where have you been.

Despite your not having watched Fox/CBS, the debate schedule was listed over a week ago...in fact I got it from neither of those networks.

Did you really have no other source than this Board to get the dates?

If it were Barbra Streisand they kicked out of the country for the same reasons...I'd say go ahead & get her out. I've got the cd's if I ever want to hear her sing.

Apple [/b][/quote]You mean you admit to owning Barbra Streisand CD's?

Apple, as we'd say in this part of the world..wind your neck down. I only asked a civil question. There is a myriad of sources from which I could have got that info, the issue just popped into my head as I was on these boards. Jeez!

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73141
09/24/04 01:01 PM
09/24/04 01:01 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[QUOTE]... There is a myriad of sources from which I could have got that info, the issue just popped into my head as I was on these boards.
Ahhhh...I see.
Funny though that since you're so interested in the U.S. elections you didn't have that info already, considering the "...myriad of sources...". According to your original post, you didn't even know if there were 'plans' for televised debates, let alone a schedule.

People;
People who have the Gangster BB to turn to;
Are the LUCKIEST people...in the world !!

Winding my neck down...

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73142
09/24/04 04:02 PM
09/24/04 04:02 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
The information in the forged documents are real, but just the fact that they are forged is just what Karl Rove likes. Now he can cry foul and gain sympathy for Bush. He did the same thing in 1986 in Texas. He announced that his office was bugged just before the Texas gubernatorial election(October surprise!) and just like that, his candidate won. Before, both candidates in the election were neck and neck. This is a hell of a lot better for him, because not only will Bush win, but he gets to smear Dan Rather's reputation. He may have failed with the Swift Boat Vets but he's made up that failure with this debacle.

Four more years.
Funny. Bush wasn't behind the Swift Boat ads, but there is growing links to the Kerry campaign.

This is blowing up in all the liberals faces. You thought you were delivering a death knell with your categorically shoddy and biased reporting, and now you've got to lie in it.

Turns out the American people aren't so dumb, after all?

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73143
09/24/04 04:14 PM
09/24/04 04:14 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[QUOTE]...Turns out the American people aren't so dumb, after all?
Ssshhhhhh, Double-J...let's wait until after Nov. 2nd and see!!

Overconfidence can be a deathknell at this point.

However...has anyone heard any of Kerry's recent speeches? Don't know if it's because he's tired or feels like he's already lost...but his vocal tone suggests he's almost sleepwalking through the remainder of this campaign.

Let's see how much fight the Senator's got in him for the first debate next week.

Oh, by the way...about a month ago, Kerry said he'd fight a more 'sensitive' war on terrorism.

Earlier this week in another campaign speech, he decided to claim that as President he'll fight a 'tougher' war on terrorism.

They call him Flipper, Flipper...faster than lightening...!!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73144
09/24/04 04:20 PM
09/24/04 04:20 PM

Apple according to the poles right now Bush has 301 electoral votes and Kerry has 237......that is with Giving Pennsylvania AND New Jersey to Kerry (which he most likely will not win) so throw 36 votes over to bush that makes it 337 to 201 (With New York and California still standing a chance if he can campaign them right)

Kerry's campaign is slowly falling apart, and it doesn't help that the Clinton's are in there DOING THEIR PART TO MESS IT UP.

Just keep your fingers crossed!

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73145
09/24/04 04:26 PM
09/24/04 04:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:

Oh, by the way...about a month ago, Kerry said he'd fight a more 'sensitive' war on terrorism.

Earlier this week in another campaign speech, he decided to claim that as President he'll fight a 'tougher' war on terrorism.

They call him Flipper, Flipper...faster than lightening...!!!
You will certainly enjoy my new Tax Cut thread then, Apple.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73146
09/24/04 04:45 PM
09/24/04 04:45 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...Bush has 301 electoral votes and Kerry has 237..that is with Giving PA AND NJ to Kerry (which he most likely will not win) so throw 36 votes over to bush that makes it 337 to 201 (With NY and CA still standing a chance if he can campaign them right)

Kerry's campaign is slowly falling apart, and it doesn't help that the Clinton's are in there DOING THEIR PART TO MESS IT UP.

Just keep your fingers crossed!
Are they? Not that that doesn't delight me...but I haven't heard a peep out of either one of them since Bill's surgery a few weeks ago.

There's no telling though, what they might be accomplishing behind the scenes.

Oh, and DonMichael...PA and NJ are possible, but even I am not starry-eyed enough to think Bush has a chance of winning either CA or NY.

However the rest of your post is probably pretty accurate!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73147
09/24/04 04:50 PM
09/24/04 04:50 PM

Well Kerry has Clinton's whole campaign team "working with" his own campaign team. I think every single political strategist has said that Clinton's campaign team is doing everything wrong, Hillary wants in and if Kerry is elected this year she stands no chance.

California and New York each have a gap of only 5%, I think in California if Ahnold can start campaigning a little bit and getting the word out then maybe Bush can sneak by.

I'm doing my own part in New Jersey, I've registered almost 600 new voters who are voting Bush, every vote counts especially in this state now.

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73148
09/24/04 04:51 PM
09/24/04 04:51 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:

Oh, and DonMichael...PA and NJ are possible, but even I am not starry-eyed enough to think Bush has a chance of winning either CA or NY.
Likely not, especially when my neighbors have "Hillary for President" signs on their lawns.

I might have to light a little fire with all those paper signs some night...

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73149
09/24/04 04:55 PM
09/24/04 04:55 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
... California and New York each have a gap of only 5%, I think in California if Ahnold can start campaigning a little bit and getting the word out then maybe Bush can sneak by....
Well, certainly can't hurt to be optimistic!!

Also...I'm hearing that Bush is far ahead in several States he lost NARROWLY to Gore in 2000.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73150
09/24/04 04:56 PM
09/24/04 04:56 PM

yes he is Apple....

and you heard it here first for when Nov 3rd comes around:

Bush will win 40 states

edit: hopefully there is an extra place here for a person with strong political views

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73151
09/24/04 05:00 PM
09/24/04 05:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
DonMichaelCorleone, I'm gonna hold you to that prediction!!!

Be talkin' to ya on Nov. 3rd!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73152
09/24/04 08:44 PM
09/24/04 08:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I hate to break up this GWB lovefest but....

I've said all along I have no idea how this election will turn out, and surely wouldn't make any kind of bet on it even now. :p However, I've noticed a wide variety of poll results ranging from tie to 8 point lead for Bush (of course with FOX showing the biggest spread).

I predicted earlier and still do, that more people than expected, and that are polled, will be voting in this election, (not to mention just the half dozen or so I know personally that just registered to vote after never voting in elections before) and the possibility of a "surprise" (going either way)IMHO is very likely. In other words....."It ain't over til the fat lady sings" my friends.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73153
09/24/04 08:57 PM
09/24/04 08:57 PM

Actually CNN is showing the biggest spread, Gallup is right around what CNN is and Rasmussen has Bush ahead 4%......
Liberals get abc, cbs, nbc.....even IF (which its not) foxnews was a republican channel it would still be 3 to 1

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73154
09/24/04 09:06 PM
09/24/04 09:06 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I hate to break up this GWB lovefest but....
TIS
oh sure, people are having a nice time and the other side can't help themselves and have to answer back.

You know it has been so nice because we haven't been bombarded with people trying to fight over these politics the last few days. It has been really nice. It seems like the hotheads have been on vacation.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73155
09/24/04 09:13 PM
09/24/04 09:13 PM
California

California
Actually today Rasmussen poll shows a 1.1 lead for Bush. These polls change daily and seems have been all over the map, which is part of the reason which makes me think this is an unpredictable race.

Btw, the only CCN poll I can pull up is by state. I can get Zogby, and WP, Fox polls but not a general for CNN. What link do you use?

Rasmussen

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73156
09/24/04 09:20 PM
09/24/04 09:20 PM

oh my mistake about the rasmussen, the 4% was from yesterday. Rasmussen is weird because it is the average over the past 3 days so I tend to like that one just becuase its closer. There should be a link for the cnn poll on the website I just saw it on tv today when they said Bush was up 14% according to their polls, I heard gallup has Bush ahead 11 as ofa few days ago

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73157
09/24/04 09:33 PM
09/24/04 09:33 PM
California

California
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] I hate to break up this GWB lovefest but....
TIS
oh sure, people are having a nice time and the other side can't help themselves and have to answer back.

You know it has been so nice because we haven't been bombarded with people trying to fight over these politics the last few days. It has been really nice. It seems like the hotheads have been on vacation. [/b][/quote]Ha ha FS Maybe we should have two threads...Kerry thread and a Bush thread, and we can have two lovefests going; no one to disagree with or give opposite points of view. Wouldn't that be boring though? Patrick, where are you???? It's too quiet. FS misses you!! :p
Geoff, you didn't ban Patrick from the political threads did you???

TIS

Re: CBS, Rather Apologize; Possible Collusion With DNC #73158
09/24/04 09:49 PM
09/24/04 09:49 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Now Tis, why did you mention that persons name.
Tis, it is almost like you are trying to stir up something. and you are said to be a nice older women. Shame on you!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull