First of all, when I mentioned WI, AZ, Vegas, FL, and Central America, I was not claiming there are Outfit “crews” there at all, so stop inferring that. Nowhere did I state that. My point is that the Outfit is small, and, though not as powerful as it once was, it is very capable in areas it concentrates its efforts. Also, the influence of these people, who are now quasi-legit, is still completely entrenched in the State of Illinois, and I am arguing that the government would have to take a scorched earth approach to eradicating it. The Outfit is not a neighborhood-based organization anymore, and these guys spend their time all over the place. They work remotely, if you will. The government would have to cast a very wide net to wipe out the whole organization, which is why I mentioned places I know they spend a substantial amount of time. THAT was my point.

Gambling outposts in Costa Rica, etc., (Central America) established by Mooney in the 1960’s still exist today and bring in more money for the Outfit these days than Aruba. If you do not believe me, ask Michael Magnafichi that exact question before his next podcast. If what I am claiming is false, then he should have no problem discussing and dismissing it, the same way he does with other false information. What Mike will say is, “I am not comfortable talking about that.” Also, when Joe Lump skipped town when the Family Secrets indictments dropped, the government publicly stated that he was could have gone somewhere south of the border where he had gambling interests. Likewise, James Marcello discussed with his brother the prospect of hopping on an airplane to Central America immediately upon his release on the “prison tapes.” That the Outfit has “interests abroad” is not new information.

By the way, if anyone reading this denies that there is endemic corruption in the State of Illinois then it is pretty clear that you do not live in the State of Illinois. Corruption is part of the state infrastructure, and if the Outfit was somehow to magically disappear, there would be a vacuum. The corruption would remain, and that is a fact. Illinois is not a normal state, and does not know how to be a normal state. The street gangs (Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings) even have a certain amount of influence through particular alderman. Read about Chicago’s political violence problem. Chicago is an awful place.

And if anyone reading this denies that there is a powerful Irish-Catholic bloc, then you are ignorant. You are simply ignoring the obvious. I am not saying there is an Irish mob; I am saying that there are many very crooked Irish pollies and judges who wield more power in Illinois and Chicago than any other group. The fact that Rahm Emanuel is the mayor and is Jewish is meaningless. Ask yourself why he is mayor. Ask yourself how he even ended up on the ballet, which never should have happened. There is no Irish-American mob in Chicago because there does not need to be an Irish-American mob. They took City Hall and the State Capitol decades ago, and that is the way it will be until there are no more Daleys, Madigans, et al. http://voices.suntimes.com/early-and-often/sweet/michelle-obama-distressed-abou/

I think some of you guys live in the mountains in Idaho.

Last edited by StonePark; 07/31/13 11:34 AM.