Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Yeah Cicero is alive but the widespread corruption that once was there is gone.
Sg Waue, lol as long as Cicero exists the corruption there will be pandemic. The roots run deep. Is all of it Outfit influenced? NO...Is most of it??? YES..The day will come in the near future when the G indicts and convicts its current "reformer" town President - one Larry Dominick. He has been an Outfit "dickrider' ( since you patented that term lol ) ever since he was serving Emmo Schullo's coffee in the Police Department there...:) As to what Stone Park said about the Outfit having a fanbase in Chicago's Italian-American community akin to the support the National Soccer team gets in Brazil, he is POINT ON ABOUT THAT...I never understood it either, but it's true as evidenced on these boards time and again. I grew up in that neighborhood and know it well and still have some family there. Nothing more amusing to me than to hear the old-timers talk about how the "G shoulda left the Outfit alone in this neighborhood !!! We wouldn't have the drugs and the whores and the gangs and the problems we have today!!!!' LMAO..I grew up in the 80's when The Outfit-especially in Cicero was at its peak...#1. Rocky Infelise-who took over the Cicero Crew in 89 when Ferriola died and later was the #2 in the whole Outfit- WAS A CONVICTED HEROIN DEALER !!!!! #2. The only difference between now and then in terms of prostitution is that back then there were at least FOUR DIFFERENT OUTFIT STRIP JOINTS/WHOREHOUSES THAT OPERATED OPENLY IN CICERO..:) I dont get the logic that its ok in some club but that streetwalkers are no good because they may have 1 or 2 less teeth that the whores in those joints lol....#3. In the 80's the gang problem in Cicero was WORSE than in is today !!!! The Hispanic gangs were muscling in then and the 2 old white gangs fought them tooth and nail. Shootings and killings were a regular thing. What did the Outfit do to prevent all of that??? NOTHING...PEOPLE CONTINUALLY AND REPEATEDLY BELIEVE THAT THE OUTFIT IS THIS ALL POWERFUL MEGALITH IT ONCE WAS AND IT IS NOT !!!!!!! It's ingrained in the heads of the old time Italians who grew up on Taylor Street, or Grand Avenue, or Bridgeport who in turn passed in on to their kids who grew up in Cicero and in Berwyn and in Melrose Park and in Elmwood Park who in turn passed it on to the next generation who grew up in Bloomingdale and Addison and Westchester..It's one hell of a myth but IT'S JUST NOT SO ANYMORE, GET OVER IT...:)