Funny story I have about Franzese, my family went to the same church as Michael and my aunt and Michael were confirmed on the same day. My other aunt who was 18 at the time was dating a 20 something NYDP detective, who went with her that day to watch her sister be confirmed. Sonny knew my grandfather and uncle, my uncle might of been connected MAYBE but my grandfather wasn't, anyways Sonny and his family sat with my family and he just so happened to sit next to my aunts boyfriend the cop. Now this is 1963-64 when he was in my opinion at the height of his power. Now the NYPD Officer didn't know who Sonny was from Peter, but anyways after the ceremony all the families go outside the church to meet up with their kids to take pictures and as soon as my aunt and her boyfriend got outside the doors two FBI agents scooped up her boyfriend, brought him to headquarters and grilled him on why he was sitting next to Sonny Franzese. They followed him to the church, looked at who he was with inside the church, than went out and took down the lisence plate numbers of the cars of the people he was sitting with and saw that the car of the guy he was sitting with was an NYPD Detective, goes to show the type of scrutinity these guys faced post- Appalachin,Valachi.