Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
This has to be one of the most horrific crimes ever committed. If the death sentence wasn't applicable here, when would it ever be? I don't think I could watch the documentary, too painful, but, yes, rest in peace.

I totally agree 150%, Babe. If this crime doesn't call for the death penalty then what the hell does? What happened was they both actually received death sentences, but soonafter the state of Connecticut abolished the death penalty which means these guys will more than likely never be executed. I've spent time in state prison with hundereds of lifers and guess what they are doing just fucking fine. They have pals, they play basketball, cards, have laughs, eat food, get visits, all that. People (regular joe citizens) tend to think "Good, I'd rather them be in prison and suffer everyday for the rest of their lives". What they fail to realize is they are not suffering, but instead they are getting by just fine doing the things I said. Sickening. However, though, since they did receive death sentences they'll be on death row atleast, in a tiny cell 24 hours a day.