Originally Posted By: Chicago
Chitown, by the way, awhile back you made some remark about me being Joe Fosco and I corrected you. I'm not Joe Fosco. I take that as an insult. LOL.

And I admit, I was wrong. Fosco is not that bad of a guy, nor is Coconate. If you knew them personally, you might agree. They just have that Italian "know it all" attitude. When Fosco was a kid, he was akin to Nick Ferriola--a kid who lost their father at an impressionable age and tried to emulate the gangster side by associating with his father's friends. In both instances--Nick and Joe--they were used and spit out by their fathers associates. A lot of people can play internet tough guy, but you should really consider the circumstances before passing such concrete judgement.

lol shouldn't be a game of ego's, but I don't agree with your assessment of the Patch. There was always a rivalry between the two neighborhoods...the social clubs played softball against each other in the summers and there were derogatory names for residents of the Patch from those on Taylor Street. Most on Taylor in the 1950s and 60s would spit on you if you confused their neighborhood with the Patch. A lot more Sicilians in the Patch than Taylor Street.