Originally Posted By: ChiTown
The Outfit has become more like Detroit to a certain extent--not only are the sons involved in the unions/companies that their fathers created, but there are a lot of inter-marriages too. For instance, Inendino's son Sammy married Sarno's niece Nicole (who she very much considers a father figure). Albie Vena is related to the Spina's through marriage. Casey S and Frankie Caruso..the list goes on. These kids grew up together to a large extent, so hardly "arranged marriages," but interesting to follow since it obviously makes it harder to turn rat against your relatives.

As for Huron Social Club...did that replace the Boomerang Club on Grand and May that was owned by Dominic Calarco? I think Calarco was forced to close it after Lombardo was caught hiding with him, but I would assume they still own the property. Christy's motorcycle was parked outside there almost every day.

That was a great place to eat on Sunday afternoons.

The Outfit has very, very little in common with the wheezing detroit family.

Regarding the Boomerang, I don't know if it necessarily replaced it. Joey L opened the HSAC in 1972. There were/are MANY social clubs in the Patch, but the HSAC was closest to Lombardo's home. It's always been a popular one for them, and now is the most popular.