Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
The majority of Outfit guys want their kin deeply involved. You are very much an exception to the rule.

The myth that the Chicago Outfit didn't get their sons involved is just that: an absolute myth. Yes, it was less prevalent here, but one look at the makeup of the modern Cicero/Chinatown crews will tell you that it's deep in the blood.
STRONGLY DISAGREE...Yes there have been several Outfit guys who involve their sons over the years but most do NOT...They may set their sons up in businesses-what father wouldn't? But those businesses are most often LEGIT

that's another reason Chicago doesn't have more power

they'd be better off criminally if their sons were groomed to be mobsters

From a criminal perspective, maybe you're right Cook County. From a parenting perspective, my kudos and respect to those Outfit guys who made sure they kept their kids out of the life. As a parent myself I could NEVER understand why ANY gangster would want his kids to follow in his footsteps. The old Italians have a saying that the people who love you the most ALWAYS tell you 'GO WASH YOUR FACE, I WANT YOU TO LOOK BETTER THAN ME"...Very deep and poignant statement that is VERY fitting to a discussion like this one.