Originally Posted By: Skinny
Id like to kille the lying fuckin retard reporter that coined that term. "white collar rackets". How many laborers do you know that consider themselves white collar???? Are you fucking kidding me? How is labor unions white collar crime? Its like the fucking bullshit some reporter dreamed up about how "sources inside the family say the rank and file captains have complained over the demand of a 10% take on crew money to 15%".... And you guys bought it... 90% of america buys it, they buy that Franky Cali was made boss, then turns it down saying "no im happy at underboss where im off the radar"... WTF! For real? If i publish a book that says i fucked kate middleton does that make it the truth???? I cant stand fucking reporters. Journalists are right there with cops and probation officers in my book. Paul took 75% from any deals that happened with 282... Guess what john gotti took? 75%!!! Some detective ad libs at a fucking press conference and says genovese mobsters drive buicks instead of cadillacs and IVy goes around quoting it 40 fucking times like hes the bees knees, thinking wow isnt that cool! I know a westside guy who drives a fucking bright yellow 360 modena! hows that for a buick? Some cocksucking cop calls the genovese family the worst dressed and you guys automatically take it to heart. Quoting a bunch of reporter bullshit gossip about how barney showed up to a funeral in a sweatshirt. IF A LIE GETS PASSED AROUND ENOUGH IT BECOMES FACT. PPL say how the westside has this super invisible administration structure.... bla bla bla bullshit. If i can tell you the top guy on the street so can any made guy in the family. They ask for less money in tribute from their captains??? BULLSHIT. They are just as greedy as the next family. u guys think every fucking genovese guy walks on water... the truth is they have a good track record and good leadership... Guys on here that think that the genovese family is above making dope heads and bums, you dont knows the street. Sorry, not claiming i do, but you guys need to face reality here.

First, I'm not sure what's going on in your personal life Skinny, but you've been having these temper tantrums for a while now. Take deep breaths. Have you had to make some extraordinarily large payouts lately? wink

Second, obviously construction is "blue collar" work in the normal sense. However, in the mob sense of the word, things like construction are called "white collar" when compared to the more "blue collar" rackets of gambing, loansharking, drugs, theft, etc. Who first coined these terms, I have no idea.

Third, as for Coffey saying Genovese guys are more likely to drive Buicks than Cadillacs, the basic jist seems to be that - as a whole - that family is more low key and less flashy than the others. You knowing of an exception here or there doesn't change the overall picture anymore than you knowing of some independent bookies means the mob doesn't still control the lion's share of sports betting in the tri-state area.

Fourth, you can certainly give your opinion on who the top Genovese guy on the street is. But should we automatically take that as fact? If a law enforcement source or reporter passes along something, it's bullshit but you shouldn't be questioned?

Fifth, while I imagine greed is just as present in the Genovese family, the 2004 New Jersey OC report did say "Its members and associates are permitted to retain a higher portion of their illegal earnings than those of other LCN families." Now whether this was in reference to Chin not taking a relatively big share, or in reference to the family overall, I don't know.

Sixth, when people talk about the Genovese family being on top, they're talking about the family as a whole. It's overall track record. Not that every single member is a multimillionaire, criminal mastermind with an IQ of 200.

And by the way, if I had a dollar for every time I've seen somebody on these forums say, "You don't know the streets," I'd only have to work part-time. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/23/13 06:36 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.