"And, yes, infrastructure is critical to business. If you don't have public water, reliable and affordable electricity and excellent highways and other transportation options (shipping, rail, air), you're doomed."

That's called a straw-man, because someone is against big government doesnt mean they are for no government at all. All those things are basic classical liberalism (ie libertarism) of about 1900. All those things mentioned are the basic state functions of protection against force, theft, fraud.

The massive government expenditures today (the blue state model) go way beyond those basic roles- into every aspect of life, into regulating every market transaction, into spending massive amounts of money redistributing to others. Entitlements and public sector pensions are the massive costs of modern governments- not fixing pot holes or actually providing government services.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here