Gee, Vinny, that just shows how little you know. I was a business major in college and spent 14 years in economic development, 6 of them as Vice President of my local agency. I worked closely with the Pataki administration during NY's economic heyday and my county had the lowest unemployment numbers in the country. And when I left there, I spent 9 very successful years working in commercial real estate in the sale and leasing of industrial and office space. So, don't ever assume that I don't know about business and economics. I know more than most people.

Yes, incentives work to a point. However, without the infrastructure and demographics to make a business successful, all the incentives in the world aren't going to make a bit of difference. In other words, you can throw all the money you want at a biochemical company, but if you have don't have a highly educated workforce to offer, or excellent infrastructure with no power interruptions, or excellent schools to offer the families of the workers, then you're not going be able to attract high tech business. And that's where the real money is.

Perhaps you can attract WalMart with low taxes and crappy public education. Maybe you can get a job as a greeter.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club