DellaCroce and I were having a discussion in the Walking Dead thread that somehow got into Mad Men. So I'm sort of transferring my thoughts here. We were talking about the era in which Mad Men takes place (60s if you don't watch). I was saying how I could relate to many things (little and big issues) in the show.

I'm reminded of probably late 60s I was working at an insurance company office. Back then all the ladies wore dresses & high heels. Well then women's lib entered the scene at some point. Our bosses (men) had a meeting to determine IF the ladies could wear pant suits to work. lol Do you believe it? ha ha ha. They had a meeting and determined that we could as long as it was a matching "suit". Looking back now I think WTF?? lol

"We've come a long way baby" (for those who don't know that was an ad for Virginia Slims, a "woman's cigaret) lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/20/13 02:21 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon