GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (MeyerLansky), 755 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,553
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,532
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,453
Posts1,061,227
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #728625
07/22/13 03:53 PM
07/22/13 03:53 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Mmalioni,
Go back and read all the previous postings in the Chicago threads and you will then have a better idea.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/22/13 03:55 PM.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #728646
07/22/13 05:49 PM
07/22/13 05:49 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
With 4 crews, there has to be more than 5 made guys in a crew. To me, it's just difficult to comprehend how they would let it get that small. Assuming Elmwood Park has retreated and all of the active made guys from Northside are in Grand Avenue, why would Cicero/26th Street go along with such a small Outfit?

People keeping referring to those 4 crews, which were cited in 2007, but more recently (2011) one FBI official said the Outfit was down to "two or three" crews. In addition, there are said to be "a little over 100 associates." So going by those numbers, with the 25-30 made members, you're looking at about a total manpower of 150.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728650
07/22/13 06:00 PM
07/22/13 06:00 PM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline OP
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline OP
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
Chicago and Ivy League, is there like a Memorex button or a pasting mechanism so you two don't ALWAYS have to repeat yourselves??????? LOL You guys bring too damn much to the threads to CONSTANTLY have to repeat yourselves to EVERY delusional Outfit groupie out here lol

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728651
07/22/13 06:02 PM
07/22/13 06:02 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Chicago, why don't you answer my question? Some of you say that the Outfit at its height rivaled or even surpassed the New York families. Each of the New York families had a total workforce of over a thousand men, including associates, so I assume the Outfit must have had this as well in order for them to rival these families...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728653
07/22/13 06:03 PM
07/22/13 06:03 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
The outfit is going the way of the Dinosaurs extinct.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: F_white] #728655
07/22/13 06:15 PM
07/22/13 06:15 PM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline OP
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline OP
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
Originally Posted By: F_white
I wouldn't go THAT far, man..They'll always be around in some capacity Chicago is too big a city but it amuses me that soooooooooo many just can't and/or won't accept that they are a SHADOW of what they were 30 years ago. WHY IS THAT SO IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE???? Jimmy Inendino in Cicero is a capable leader but he is 70 years old...Apart from Solly DeLaurentis, WHO ELSE IS REALLY LEFT with that kind of street cred that is ACTUALLY on the street?? NOBODY...

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728657
07/22/13 06:17 PM
07/22/13 06:17 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
Chicago and Ivy League, is there like a Memorex button or a pasting mechanism so you two don't ALWAYS have to repeat yourselves??????? LOL You guys bring too damn much to the threads to CONSTANTLY have to repeat yourselves to EVERY delusional Outfit groupie out here lol

I keep hoping there won't be any more but they just keep coming. whistle

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728668
07/22/13 06:39 PM
07/22/13 06:39 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
12thstreet,

Total agree people can think or wont think that the outfit is so weak.Because of the strong history it once had.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728679
07/22/13 07:08 PM
07/22/13 07:08 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Quote:

You should just start cutting and pasting from other threads lol

It's funny how people pump other people who've actually known the players involved for information and when it doesn't match up to their fantasies or what they've read in books that are half filled with JFK conspiracy talk, then suddenly it's BULLSHIT.

Guys, get a grip.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 07/22/13 07:11 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728689
07/22/13 07:32 PM
07/22/13 07:32 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
I wouldn't go THAT far, man..They'll always be around in some capacity Chicago is too big a city but it amuses me that soooooooooo many just can't and/or won't accept that they are a SHADOW of what they were 30 years ago. WHY IS THAT SO IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE???? Jimmy Inendino in Cicero is a capable leader but he is 70 years old...Apart from Solly DeLaurentis, WHO ELSE IS REALLY LEFT with that kind of street cred that is ACTUALLY on the street?? NOBODY...

nick feriolla is young and he proved that he can be trusted

elmwoodparker claimed that feriolla is now hooked up with d'amico

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: cookcounty] #728735
07/22/13 09:13 PM
07/22/13 09:13 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
No Cook County, Ferriola is hooked up with the Vice Lords. He sells crack on the street corner.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Sonny_Black] #728765
07/22/13 10:02 PM
07/22/13 10:02 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable. Chicago had less made men by design but had a lot of associates and tremendous political clout and represented all the Families west of the Mississippi on the Commission. they were allied with Genovese Family which I've now stated for the 5th time. LOL. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to debate it and I really don't care to debate it.
It's not and never was 'PISSING Contest' between Chicago and any of the New York Families. The only people trying to make it into a 'PISSING Contest' are a few of these bloggers. I hope I answered your question. Anymore questions from anyone throwing out numbers, I respectfully take the 5th. LOL.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/22/13 10:04 PM.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728824
07/23/13 12:48 AM
07/23/13 12:48 AM
M
Mmalioni Offline
Made Member
Mmalioni  Offline
M
Made Member
Chicago and New York were never really competing. New York controlled the East Coast including Florida, Cuba and Atlantic City. Chicago had Las Vegas and the Los Angeles. Power was relative to each area. Chicago, due to the corruption in the city, likely had more political clout within Chicago than New York Families did in New York.

Think about it this way. Giancana told the NY Families that they should have done the 1957 meeting in Chicago because law enforcement was under their control.

The Outfit controlled police chiefs all over the suburbs and even the Chief of Detectives in Chicago was an Outfit guy. I think it was fairly recent when the Elmwood Park or Melrose Park Police Chief was outed as an Outfit Associate.

Next, turn to the court system. Judge Mahoney. Enough said. He walked Spilotro at a bench trial. Alan Masters, attorney at law. Operations Greylord, Gambat and Silver Spoon.

City politics: Pat Marcy and Fred Roti. Marcy was a Democratic Party leader and Roti was a City Councilman and made man in the Outfit.

New York didn't have the clout at the highest levels of government although due to city size, it didn't matter. New York's 5 families were extremely powerful and still are powerful in certain neighborhoods and in South Florida.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Chicago] #728892
07/23/13 01:49 PM
07/23/13 01:49 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Chicago
Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable. Chicago had less made men by design but had a lot of associates and tremendous political clout and represented all the Families west of the Mississippi on the Commission. they were allied with Genovese Family which I've now stated for the 5th time. LOL. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to debate it and I really don't care to debate it.
It's not and never was 'PISSING Contest' between Chicago and any of the New York Families. The only people trying to make it into a 'PISSING Contest' are a few of these bloggers. I hope I answered your question. Anymore questions from anyone throwing out numbers, I respectfully take the 5th. LOL.

My question was directed to you only. I also did not say that you said that the Outfit surpassed the Five Families, that was someone else.

I'm also not looking for a debate on who's more powerful because I do believe that the Outfit at its height was comparable to at least the three smaller New York families. I stated that long before you ever joined this board. I was only asking you for a confirmation whether the Outfit's TOTAL workforce was comparable to a New York family as I personally believe it must have been...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #728910
07/23/13 03:33 PM
07/23/13 03:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable.

For the record, I said a good argument could be made that they were comparable.

Chicago and New York were never really competing. New York controlled the East Coast including Florida, Cuba and Atlantic City. Chicago had Las Vegas and the Los Angeles. Power was relative to each area. Chicago, due to the corruption in the city, likely had more political clout within Chicago than New York Families did in New York.

Think about it this way. Giancana told the NY Families that they should have done the 1957 meeting in Chicago because law enforcement was under their control.

The Outfit controlled police chiefs all over the suburbs and even the Chief of Detectives in Chicago was an Outfit guy. I think it was fairly recent when the Elmwood Park or Melrose Park Police Chief was outed as an Outfit Associate.

Next, turn to the court system. Judge Mahoney. Enough said. He walked Spilotro at a bench trial. Alan Masters, attorney at law. Operations Greylord, Gambat and Silver Spoon.

City politics: Pat Marcy and Fred Roti. Marcy was a Democratic Party leader and Roti was a City Councilman and made man in the Outfit.

New York didn't have the clout at the highest levels of government although due to city size, it didn't matter. New York's 5 families were extremely powerful and still are powerful in certain neighborhoods and in South Florida.

We're all aware of these past political connections of the Outfit. However, whenever people cite them, especially when making comparisons, one can't help but get the feeling those same people aren't aware of mob-related political corruption in New York/New Jersey. They're so busy trying to make a case for Chicago that they've never bothered to do any research outside that city.

Ever heard of Tammany Hall? James Hines? Christy Sullivan? Hugo Rogers? Carmine DeSapio? Frank Rossetti (Manhattan Democratic chairman)? Meade Esposito (Brooklyn Democratic boss)? Joseph Galiber (Democratic state senator)? Stanley Friedman (Bronx Democratic leader)? Paul Victor (Bronx Democratic chairman)? Mob-related corruption in New Jersey has been even worse down through the years - from Newark Mayor Hugh Addonizio to Governor James E. McGreevey - and there are literally too many to name.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/23/13 03:34 PM.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728925
07/23/13 04:26 PM
07/23/13 04:26 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Can someone answer why is the Outfit a hot button topic with so many people?

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: F_white] #728939
07/23/13 04:54 PM
07/23/13 04:54 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
I have no idea. The funny part is how a couple of guys identify their whole personal identity with how big or powerful the Outfit is TODAY. Even a Black guy was doing it and the Outfit guys generally hated Black people!
I think a couple of guys just won't accept that the once mighty Outfit is not mighty anymore. I AM amazed by it.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728955
07/23/13 05:21 PM
07/23/13 05:21 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
There's a lot of nostalgia for guys like Capone, Ricca, Giancana, Accardo, etc, and there's a silly pride attached to whichever crime family is bigger, more powerful, etc, like "my family is better than yours!"

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #728958
07/23/13 05:31 PM
07/23/13 05:31 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
It all foolishness!

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #729011
07/23/13 07:19 PM
07/23/13 07:19 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

why are you bringing up tammany hall from the early 1900s?

chicago is more crooked than new york and it's just that simple

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: cookcounty] #729036
07/23/13 07:52 PM
07/23/13 07:52 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@ivyleague

why are you bringing up tammany hall from the early 1900s?

chicago is more crooked than new york and it's just that simple

You basically made my point for me. Tammany Hall went up into the 1960's. Costello was pulling the strings in the 1950's and before. And you, as a Chicago guy, hardly have any room about bringing up info from the past. Chicago being more crooked than New York or New Jersey is debatable. In terms of mob-related corruption, certainly not more corrupt than Jersey. And even in New York, I think that there were no single big mob cases, where multiple crooked pols, judges, lawyers, etc. were rounded up (like Greylord and Gambit) gives the false impression there wasn't much of that there.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: IvyLeague] #729047
07/23/13 08:19 PM
07/23/13 08:19 PM
M
Mmalioni Offline
Made Member
Mmalioni  Offline
M
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Sonny Black, Ivy and I never said Chicago at it's Height ever surpassed any of the New York Families. We said they were comparable.

For the record, I said a good argument could be made that they were comparable.

We're all aware of these past political connections of the Outfit. However, whenever people cite them, especially when making comparisons, one can't help but get the feeling those same people aren't aware of mob-related political corruption in New York/New Jersey. They're so busy trying to make a case for Chicago that they've never bothered to do any research outside that city.

Ever heard of Tammany Hall? James Hines? Christy Sullivan? Hugo Rogers? Carmine DeSapio? Frank Rossetti (Manhattan Democratic chairman)? Meade Esposito (Brooklyn Democratic boss)? Joseph Galiber (Democratic state senator)? Stanley Friedman (Bronx Democratic leader)? Paul Victor (Bronx Democratic chairman)? Mob-related corruption in New Jersey has been even worse down through the years - from Newark Mayor Hugh Addonizio to Governor James E. McGreevey - and there are literally too many to name.

Nearly all of your examples, McGreevey excluded, are from the 1960s and prior.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #729060
07/23/13 09:17 PM
07/23/13 09:17 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Nearly all of your examples, McGreevey excluded, are from the 1960s and prior.

Meade, Friedman, Galiber, and Victor held their positions into the 1980's. Some other examples include Jersey Congressman Neil Gallagher, who held his position into the 1970's. William Musto was Union City mayor into the 1980's. Peter Rodino was a Congressman into the 1980's. You should read the book The Soprano State.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/23/13 09:30 PM.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: F_white] #729065
07/23/13 09:32 PM
07/23/13 09:32 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

Because this is on OC Forum. And people have different views. And some may come from Chicago.

Its really not that hard.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #729066
07/23/13 09:35 PM
07/23/13 09:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Because this is on OC Forum. And people have different views. And some may come from Chicago.

Its really not that hard.

The problem is, some of those from Chicago let that fact warp their objectivity and viewpoint.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: IvyLeague] #729075
07/23/13 09:51 PM
07/23/13 09:51 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Amen, Brother, Amen.
SOME People from Chicago should not let the power or lack of Power of the Current Outfit in 2013 determine their self worth as a person. LOL.
Example only:
If some juice collector years ago beat the fuck out of their father because he was behind on payments, they wouldn't attach their self worth to the Ooutfit so much but instead would step back and look at it logically and realistically rather than romantically.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/23/13 09:52 PM.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #729088
07/23/13 10:25 PM
07/23/13 10:25 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
SonnyBlackstein

A smart mouth will get your jaw broke,this the shit im talking about.

F_White.

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #729089
07/23/13 10:27 PM
07/23/13 10:27 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
LOL. F_ White is gonna break your jaw. Uh oh. Run for cover everybody!

Last edited by vinnietoothpicks26; 07/23/13 10:27 PM.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Today's Outfit [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #729092
07/23/13 10:32 PM
07/23/13 10:32 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
vinnietoothpicks26

DumbASS!!!!!!!!!

Re: Today's Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #729093
07/23/13 10:33 PM
07/23/13 10:33 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
LOL im really scared of internet tough guy dipshit F_white.

Sonny stated the facts. Respect.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull