Originally Posted By: Chicago
Nobody said the Grand ave is Crew is defunct, they are just smaller than Elmwood park and they retreated years ago under Lombardo. When Lombardo got out of prison years ago, the deal was that they would let him out but he could not be seen or associate with any known Outfit members. he could get away with seeing Andriacchi, because he could argue that it was his cousin and they were Family.

And that's another key point. I never said for sure that Grand Avenue is no more. But, if the Outfit is down to 2 or 3 crews, it certainly seems to be the odd one out. Whether that means it's few remaining members are with Elmwood Park or whatever, I don't know.

Bottom line, we know the FBI said in 2007 that the Outfit was being run in "northern and southern sections." And in 2011 it said the Outfit was down to "two or three crews." Other than Elmwood Park being in the northern section, and 26th Street and Cicero being in the southern section, how it all lines up is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, 26th Street and Cicero merge into a single crew.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.