Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
The Outfit isn't going anywhere. It never went anywhere. They're doing the same thing they did to the 1st Ward to the western/southwestern suburbs.

The big thing that people don't understand is That the Chicago Outfit still functions as a SECRET SOCIETY. In Philly & NY it is well known in the press, in popular culture, guys let their nuts hang out like idiots. Apart from a few major hiccups (the calabrese clowns, etc), the Outfit is still largely shrouded in mystery. This doesn't mean that they're gone, it means these guys are great at What They do & show Chicago heart & loyalty.

Largely shrouded in mystery? I've replied to this kind of nonsense more times than I can count. The Outfit has suffered the same fate from attrition, prosecutions, etc. as the other families have, especially the smaller ones outside New York. It's gone from 6 crews down to 2 or 3 crews. It has less than half the membership it did in the late 1990's; losing nearly 20 made members since 2000. It has nowhere near the scope and diversity of activity it once did, nor does it have more than a fraction of it's old political clout.

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Again, a ridiculous statement. The feds have never been correct on anything regarding the Outfit, or very, very little.

JI & Solly D would never, ever be so naive/idiotic as to put that fat shit in charge of anything outside of his own crew of flunkies.

Says who? You? What puts you in a position to know more than the feds on Sarno specifically or the Outfit in general?

You may not be aware of this but, before you came along, these forums already had one Outfit cheerleader after another come along, pretending to have the real scoop on things, including claiming they know more than the feds.

Who here refuted any of that? Who said they were the same Outfit of the 60s/70s? You're grasping for straws. All I said was that they shifted their operations from the city limits to the surrounding suburbs, which is not untrue.

Regarding sarno, again, no one ever thought he was the boss of anything. Ever. No one ever thought this lol.