Originally Posted By: Chicago
Looks like the Boys went at it today arguing about the Current status of the Outfit.

1) Nobody ever said there was any current animosity between Elmwood Park and Cicero.
2) Elmwood Park Retreated years ago.
3) DiFronzo doesn't have anything to do with the street rackets.
4) DiFronzo does not receive any tribute from the street rackets. This isn't New York.
5) After DiFronzo dies, it's anybody's guess as to what will happen with Elmwood Park and Grand Ave
6) Most probably, Relatives of these men will be running legitimate businesses and own property through inheritance.
7) Will all the businesses be owned in part by a 'Parent Company so it is like a White Collar Outfit? Possibly. May be in place right now?
8) The old First Ward that the Outfit controlled was broken up years ago and is different.
9) The Outfit is alive, but only a shadow of itself.
10) Jimmy Inendino and Solly DeLaurentis are respected guys and are connected to the Southern Blue Collar Outfit. They are the real deal. They did a lot of time and were loyal.
11) DiFronzo would not be seen meeting with those guys. There is no reason for it. They are free to pursue Poker Machines, Bookmaking and Loan Sharking. They can make anybody they wish to run franchises. He doesn't care.
12) John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo, Marco D'Amico, Joey Lombardo (Before he went to prison for a murder he commited in 1974) and his cousin, Joe Andriacchi don't care about the Old Blue Collar Outfit. If anything, they MAY HAVE ESTABLISHED a White Collar Outfit that could continue after they are dead and gone.

However, if push comes to shove, I doubt it. What they own is already in other relatives names and is really not an 'Outfit' anymore. It's more like shady white collar businessmen who are partners in legitimate things with some white collar crime attached to it.
Can you still call this the Outfit? I don't think so. What are you going to call it when their relatives inherit it? They are not Outfit people.
Well done Chicago..;) May be the most informative and straight-forward post I've seen from a Chicago guy about the Outfit. Well-done and makes perfect sense.