Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Is anyone even gonna care about this crap once DiFronzo is gone?

The only living gangsters I find remotely interesting are Lumbo, DiFronzo and Marcello.

Most of the rest strike me as third rate clowns who wouldn't be changing tires on work cars in the old days and have no real meaningful connection to the powerful entity that once existed. Jimmy I may be many things -- an extortionist, a murderer, a killer - but he is no clown. The Outfit is a shadow of its former self and I think Ivy League is pretty well on point with his posts on this site - but Inendino has MUCH respect on the street and is smart enough to keep himself behind the scenes while people like Joe Fosco and Chuck Goudie go on and on about BOSS JOHN DIFRONZO. Mike Sarno was never a boss -- he is a frightening human being lol but is just a made guy who had a crew of associates working for him. He was never the Boss of Cicero, Chicago, or anything for that matter...These Outfit postings will get pretty interesting when DiFronzo is no longer around though. I think things will change and some muscle flexing may occur on the streets --not to the level of places like Philly in the 90's, but The Outfit won't go quietly into that good night

As far as I can tell, for me, personally, once the above three guys are gone I probably won't be any more interested in the present Outfit than I am, say, organized crime in Cleveland, which is to say not at all.
DiFronzo most definitely makes things intriguing. Never before has a sitting boss retreated as he has and never has one BEEN able to retreat as he has. Correctly, knowledgeable posters like Ivy and Chicago will tell you this is part due to weakness and the inability of Cicero/26th St to do much of anything about it. Even if they did, though, it wouldn't be a smart move whether or not DiFronzo is a dry snitch. The Outfit has spent so many years trying to hide in the shadows again the last 20 years but a move on DiFronzo but put them right back in the crosshairs of the Federal Government. It does make for an interesting discussion, though...:)