Originally Posted By: thebigfella
@tommy gambino: he was forced into retirement he even named his replacements in the family before he left for arizona, they did'nt come to arizona to get jb for the same reason they did'nt come to get sammy, the mafia thdese days is scared of a war, jb went to arizona and built his own empire, the man spent a year in jail as an old and brittle man cause he told rudy to fuck off! @ gallo: At the end of the day what did he do? Mobsters these days are admitting that thier apart of the mafia anyway

Actually ol' one eyed peter gotti was going to try to take out sammy, it was one of the things he got convicted and senteced to 25 years for. I dont think it showed how not scared gotti was but how stupid he was, just as it wouldve stupid to try and take out bonnano. It wouldve been such a high profile hit while they were already in the limelight of the commision trial, it wouldve brought down even more heat on them thean there already was if that was even possible at that time.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort