Could be! What's the story? Enlighten me, please.

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos

Originally Posted By: GaryMartin
I received this email from a Chicago OC/Outfit historian when i asked about someone shooting into Accardo's home.

Mr. Martin:

There is a Chicago Tribune story from May 8,1954 that mentions a shot being fired at him. It's in the last sentence of the last paragraph and reads: 'Police have said a shot was fired near Accardo recently, and a high fence is being erected around his home." This is the only reference regarding that, written at the time, I have read about so far.

If you have seen a picture of Accardo's home, which at that time was the one at 915 N. Franklin in suburban River Forest, the fence is rather open.

As to who was responsible for the "shot" (if it actually happened) I cannot say. I don't believe it was Giancana. There were several gangland slayings in 1954. Two of them, Charles Gioe on August 18 and Frank Maritote on August 21, could be candidates. Both had been imprisoned in the Hollywood Extortion case and could be considered disaffected. Still there's no way of knowing.

Even when Giancana took over day to day operations, Accardo was still a presence.

Hahaha... does the historian's first name begin with J? [/quote]

Last edited by GaryMartin; 07/11/13 08:41 PM.