Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Other killings include Richard Cain and John Rosselli. Cain was an informant and may have been discovered, but it seems that he was alleged to try to take over the Outfit too.

I have a book on Cain called "The Tangled Web" but have only flipped through it; I think his brother wrote it. He was an interesting guy but like so much of mob history it sounds like there has been a lot of half truths and myths mixed in with whatever he actually did; he has been fingered in everything from the JFK assasination to the Bay of Pigs, and by one account I remember reading his "double agent" act was the inspiration for Scoreses's "Departed." Cain himself also seemed to purposefully promote these kinds of rumors.

Anyway, he got wasted in a place here on Grand Avenue then called Rose's Sandwich Shop which is now another business; I would bet the current owners have no idea what happened there and it's probably better they don't.

Two guys in masks came in and made everyone line up against the wall and pretended like it was a robbery then executed Cain and ran.

It was one of those crimes from what I remember that virtually every mob assassin who was on the street at the time has been fingered for, including Aleman and Lombardo.