The Rockford faction is very fascinating. Theirs not a whole lot of information about them online but I was lucky to who have grown up with the children of alot of the key players their. The Saladino's, Tiger Frisella, Galluzzo's and Fiorenzas. The boss up until 2005 was Frank "Goomba" Saladino. He was 1 of the 18 guys indicted in The Family Secrets Trial but never made it to trial because he decided to run and was found dead in Motel in Southern Illinois of an "apparent heart attack". He weighed atleast 400 lbs and was a very scary man. I played bocci ball with his son and grandsons at The St. Ambrosia Italian Club in Rockford. The man in charge now their is John "Tiger" Frisella who is one cool ass dude. My Dad used to own a warehouse in South Rockford where guys paid a monthly fee to park their tractor trailers. Tiger Frisella grew up with my Mom and was a friend of my Dad. He used the warehouse to store his video poker machines and crap tables in back storage room. Until it was time to put them in a safe spot to be used lol.

The Rockford Family is no longer the family it was in the 60's, it's more of a crew/faction now that obviously kicks up to Chicago. John DiFronzo is close friends with the Galluzzo brothers who are very old, like 80 years old + and he would come to the Fish Fry everyone in awhile at St. Ambrosia's Catholic Church. Ill never forget the night my close friend Nick Ciaccio pointed DiFronzo out to me and said "That guy right their they call No Nose and he's a very important person in The Outfit". I didn't think he was all that big cause frankly I hadn't heard much about him and at that time I had learned and been told alot about The Outfit. Well, as it turns out he apparently is The Big Skip now. Well, it's either him or Andriarcchi. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard though, it's DiFronzo who's on top now.

Anyways, I just felt like throwing some Rockford info out their cause I saw your mention of Rockford in your post. I also encourage you if you haven't already to read a book called The Pizza Connection. I just finished reading it and its an unbelievable read.