Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Another big russain mob boss from the 90s is marat balugula. He organized his gang much like an italian mafia family. He also created the gasoline tax scam that usually gets credited to the italians particularly micheal franzese, when actually they were just cut in on balugulas already existing scam. Instead of competing with the italians, balugula realized it was much smarter to partner with them, and that made him and his organization an underworld powerhouse during that time period.

Most books, articles, etc. covering Franzese have said that he partnered with the Russians, who originally came up with the scam, and didn't invent it himself. He also partnered with Larry Iorizzo, who had also discovered the scam.

Yes i was just talking about people on here tend to forget that micheal franzese didnt do it alone and your right i forgot about lorizzo. I guess what was getting at was balugula got a lot of his power from partnering with italians, where as the rudaj organization went in the opposite direction and tried to compete with them, i remember reading about some showdown between the rudajs and the gambinos at a gas station or something. So i think that the rudaj's "strategy" of trying tocompete is the big reason they never reached the height of power that they strived for, along with the devastating prosecutions ofcourse.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort