Originally Posted By: southend
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
It seems like whenever a top guy gets arrested they try to make them out to be like the boss of bosses, but does a position like that actually exist with the calabrians? I know the sicilians(spelling noted) have had a commision for the past like 20 or 30 years and there is a boss from every region that represnts the other clans in that region, do the calabrians have something similar to that?

I have to agree with Neil on this. It seems every time I read of a recent pinch if it's the Calabrians they label the guy a top boss. But could they be right, and just be talking about the guys position locally?

They do this because when you're labeled as a boss in Italy, the gov't can, and will, charge you with a lot more and throw you into 41-bis regime, which is isolation.

That being said, many true bosses in Italy/Sicily are in their 30's. When you start killing at 16 years old, you can be boss in your 20's and 30's over there, easily. The other reason you hear the word boss thrown around so much is there are so many. Boss of a family, boss of a town, boss of a province.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.