Originally Posted By: livelifenoregrets
Sorry in advance for the long post and I hope it all makes sense to you guys, I'm from Montreal and my english isn't 100% but its close. I've been reading the forums for a long time and thought I'd put some input.

I support the theory of antimafia on the Siderno group. I believe The Siderno group or other major groups are not participating in the extermination of the Rizzutos. The Siderno group and the Rizzutos have long standing ties that go back generations and they continue to build on that foundation.

Men who worked for Ponytail Devito were heard over wire taps saying they need approval from Ontario before taking out Nic Rizzuto SR. but I believe this approval would have come from Hamilton(Devito wouldn't be communicating directly with them, it would be his superiors)and the remaining Violi's.

That might explain why the Arcuri's are now being targetted beause they have been running the gelato business the Violi's had taken from them since Violi was taken out. They must have had a hand in the Violi murder back in the day and now his sons are saying these guys can't be around for the new order. How could the Arcuri's been loyal to the Violi's when they took there business? They should have gave that to Violi's kids or remianing family if they were loyal.

Most evidence would point towards in-fighting in recent years but what happen prior is what really catches my attention. Nick Rizzuto JR's death really kicked everything off. I don't see anyone in Montreal approving this hit at all. It wasn't a consensus, one particular crew made that decision. Was it the Devito group? Was it tony Magi who ordered the hit? I don't even think the Damicos from Granby had a hand it. THose guys are insignificant. They are smugglers but in the Montreal Mafia world they are nothing and if you are from Montreal and didn't have Rizzuto approval you wouldn't get it anywhere else either for that matter. In Montreal every crime group smuggles. Just the profit in bud is insane. It goes for double the price in the USA wholesale so essentially your trading bud for coke but the bud is really costing half the price here in Canada. That makes the coke price drop wayyy down for the guys trading up. I've personally known smugglers who are now in the hands of US Law enforcement and as runners they were making $10k-$20k a week and they were just drivers...Bottom of the barrel drivers. They took all the heat and made huge monney but I can only imagine what the bosses were racking in. I doubt even some made guys in new york are pulling in almost a million a year and are much more exposed to law enforcement.

On a side note there is a misconception on this forum of the role Montreal plays in smuggling. Montreal/Toronto are the worlds major drug traffikers right now. With Southern borders and American waters being so well guarded since 9/11, the Canadian borders and their lackluster border security give a huge advantage to Canadian crime groups and annually they are smugging billions. Bud, pills, hash, and heroin are mainly coming in through Canada in to the Usa and not from the South as it did many years ago. The New York crime families are a joke in comparison to the Canadian families in terms of revenue nowadays. In 20 years when all this shit is coming out you won't here anything about New York. Those are local criminals not internatial drug lords as the Toronto/Montreal guys have become.

Back on topic...Rizzuto had been locked up for years and Operation Colisee was long over and everyone was locked up for a period of time at that point. If a major Ontario group really wanted to do this they would have got the ball rolling in 2005-2006. I think Magi made a move to not pay his $5million debt to the Rizzutos and that got the ball rolling for people who already didn't like them or were big players and had been paying up for to long. To do that they had to take out Paolo Renda and those top guys. How they could ever get approval to take out Agostino [BadWord] is beyond me. Killing him is as signifcant as taking out a Rizzuto but the Violi's would have done it for sure. Who profited from their family being taken out? [BadWord] did, Renda did, Rizzuto SR did, Rizzuto JR did. DeVito isn't stupid. He blamed the Rizzutos for getting busted and for his wife killing his kids. He probably got his superiors to think hey its our time and let's go to Ontario for some support maybe even use the Calabrians to become 'Ndrangheta supported.

The Arcuri's having their long ties through their dad with the Bonanno's probably ended up sponsoring Montanga as did Pietriano, etc for the same reasons...I'm guessing Montagna went to Hamilton(noted by police) to get in on the deal they were making with Ponytail's crew (He is not a main guy, he is the face on the streets of that crew, and his bosses are now all getting taken out). Montangas argument could have been that Montreal was a bonnano faction and Rizzuto ruined it.

Once the main players on Rizzuto were taken out and it was time to decide who the boss, underboss, consigliere, etc were going to be I'm assuming thats when the in-fighting started and the locals must not have approved of Montanga. Desjardins, DiMaulo, and company probably said fuck Montanga he isn't from here and hasn't proven himself, why should he be boss. Thats when they tried to take our Desjardins but Desjardins got him first.

Theres a lot in between but thats the just of my theory. I can go on forever. You could write a book on the last few years of the Mob in Montreal.

Now Rizzuto is back. This guy is International. Guys waited for him. He has access to hundreds of soldiers. Nobody down there got real international approval to do what they did so he won't need any permission. He has 10-20 main guys to take out and he is back on top but not only back on top but stronger than ever, smarter than ever, and more prepared than ever. He is going to go down in mafia history as a don of don's. It will be scary what this man will achieve in the underworld.

Hundreds of soldiers? Vitale testified that they had 20 made guys. THen half of them got murdered.