Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Yes shes the complete opposite of carmela soprano who doesnt support her husband just wants to count the money. The actress that portrayed her(forgot her name) played the part perfectly. Yes she does seem to have a lot of wisdom although shes a women of few words. I got to say my favorite part with her is in part 2 the night of the opening party where theyre all at the table eating, micheal fredo tom kay and frank p, and frank says hes not there to eat and spills his wine as an insult. After he does this they show carmela for a few seconds and her face shows it all,she knows this guys being disrespectful, hard for me to explain what i mean but i think you get it. And i 100 percent agree with you about old fashioned italian girls, i dont find any of those jersey shore girls attractive at all.

I get what you mean, that look she gives. A very stern look of disapproval. She might've had a lot of love for her husband but I get the sense that, perhaps outside of Clemenza, she probably had little love for his subordinates. But she probably didn't show that publicly, probably played the good and cordial wife of the Don.

I think a lot of those old school Italian wives were just as strong if not stronger than their husbands. Men might've been stricter with their wives but I think the wives were sort of the unspoken power behind the men in a lot of ways. Or at least the ones who brought them back down to Earth, without even a word but even just a glance or look.