Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I can't imagine that this is a "choice". If so, who would make such a choice?? It's torture, you're often thought of as a "freak", so it's got to be a horrible way to live. However, there are people who are so convinced that they were born in the wrong body that they must consider surgery, it's not an easy surgery to get approved. There are all sorts of psychology tests and therapy that a patient must go through long before a procedure is approved. Also, there are years of hormone treatment that come before any surgery. I feel tremendous compassion for such a young boy.

Sonny and Cher's daughter was raised by two heterosexuals before deciding to undergo such surgery. I don't think the sexual preference of the parents has any impact on these decisions. If anything, though, perhaps being gay and having lived with bias may make them more capable of understanding and helping their child.

Their daughter made choice as an adult, these lesbians are letting an 8 year old do it. In fact hey seem to be encouraging it. Straight couples will follow.
A minor is not supposed to be able to decide on own to have sex, let alone change sex.