Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Since I actually vote, unlike you (which I don't believe). I would be stupid not to be a registered Democrat in NYS, particularly if I want to vote in the primaries. NYS operates under a closed primary system, meaning only voters affiliated with a particular party may vote in its primary. The Democratic primary is the most contentious one with the most candidates and thus I want my vote to count. Now the general election thats a different story, I give every candidate a chance. Whoever I feel has the best ideas on the issues I care about, gets my vote. Doesnt matter if their from the Tea party, Communist party, the rent is too damm high party, Democratic, or Republican.

I've never voted in my life. Not once. In general elections, it's certainly pointless, as Utah is the most solidly Republican state in the union. There's more reason to vote locally though not much. Certain family members give me a hard time about it. I just don't like being put in the position where I have to vote for the lesser of two evils, which is usually the case.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.