Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I'm sure you would love to live in the 1950s ivy. You're a white religious guy living in Utah. But not blacks, women, gays, or Hispanics and many others. Today's world isn't perfect but id take it over 1953 any day

You have no way of knowing that because you have no frame of reference. Neither do I for that matter (I didn't slide into the world until 1959).

Don't get me wrong, Joe. You know where I stand. As long as the government doesn't try to stick it down my Church's throat, I have no problem with gay marriages in City Hall or wherever. Because the truth is, as a Catholic, I had to be married in a Church anyway. So even City Hall marriages between straight people don't count in the eyes of the Church. And they don't bother me, so why should two guys (or girls) bother me?

But as far as referencing an earlier time period, you just wait thirty years until you're my age. I GUARANTEE you'll look back at the present as a "better" time, even if it isn't. It's just human nature to long for your youth through rose colored glasses wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.