Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Don't tell me what I do or don't know. I don't know the founding fathers or what they thought of gay marriage, there's really no documentation in regards to that. However, I do believe they thought that the constitution could be changed in the future in keeping with the times. An example of this are abolishing slavery. But who the fuck are you to get on your high horse and say what's immoral and what isn't?

Oh, that's right, guys like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, or John Adams would have been just peachy keen with things like abortion and gay marriage. rolleyes

And enough with this "keep up with the times" bullshit. If something is wrong, it's wrong, regardless of what year it is. And I'm not talking just morally, which I know you don't care about, but also legally. Once again, if states want to enact laws to allow gay marriage, so be it. But to argue there's any Constitutional basis for it is a lie. Just like the argument supporting abortion.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.