Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Its obvious in your "utopian" world we would be living in the 1950s (probably even in the 1800s) given your extremely socially conservative viewpoints on gay marriage, voting rights, religion,capital punishment, quite frankly some of the comments you have made over the yrs on these forums on race as well. Frankly, I dont recall you being a progressive on a single issue that comes to mind.

First, generally speaking, the 1950's would be much more preferable than today's world. We, as a society, have generally declined between then and now.

Second, what comments about race are you referring to?

Third, let's dispense with the latest word games, huh? "Progressive" is just a new, shiny word for "liberal." And, while I'm generally quite conservative, there are some issues I may differ with others on. Treatment of animals is one. Also, I take a less harsh approach on the immigration issue.

As for gay marriage, I did read your words. The precepts of the Founding Fathers does not apply to gays in the context of marriage. That's you (a lib) stretching and twisting things to suit your opinion.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/25/13 07:44 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.