SC - regarding your adventerous day, I saw the below article on ESPN - if you scroll a bit seems you are a mini - celebrity

……..

With the Cubs trailing, 2-1, in the eighth, pinch-hitter Neifi Perez reached on a single off Guillermo Mota (9-6) and scampered to second on a throwing error by shortstop Alex Gonzalez. Perez scored on an RBI single by Sammy Sosa, who was batting sixth for the first time since June 10, 1994.

"That was a huge hit," said manager Dusty Baker of Sosa's single. "That's how I remember Sammy -- base hits up the middle."

The game did however have a scary incident. After a Ramirez foul ball, a fan made a fantastic catch however a near brawl nearly ensured as over jubilant fans all rushed for the foul ball with most falling upon the other. After the ‘lucky’ fan got to his feet and raised the souvenir, the crowd roared their approval. However the crowd grew silent as it was apparent he was injured in the Malay as he was covered with blood. His 'female companion' got him up and rushed him through the mass of people who now began to chant ‘WUSSY, WUSSY’. When he held up his bloody hand as to show his injury they now began chanting – ‘Tape it Up, Tape it Up’. Unconfirmed rumors are that he now began to wimper and yell – my Red Sox fans would never do this. Another scary incident happened as the fans now chanted ‘Throw Him Back, Throw Him Back’ as to suggest throwing him over the wall as they do home runs from opposing teams. His lady friend flipped the fans the bird as she was finally beginning to get control of the situation. All seemed to end until the injured fan yell incited the crowd once more who were back to chanting, once again ‘WUSSY’ with the ever mature “I know what You are but what am I” reply. Luckily he was able to get to the exit before he would have been really injured.

The Chicago Cubs organization apologized for the incident saying that they did not know he was a Red Sox fan, otherwise he would not have been allowed admission. They also stated that the Red Sox connection explains the fact that he would leave a game after getting a little ‘boo boo’ on his finger.

Back to the game Mark Grudzielanek was hit by a pitch, and one out later, Mota exited for Matt Perisho. Pinch-hitter Todd Walker reached on an infield hit that Perisho deflected to load the bases. Corey Patterson lined out to first baseman Jeff Conine, and Perisho was lifted for Rudy Seanez.

With the sellout crowd of 39,078 on its feet, Lee hit a bases-clearing double into the gap in left-center to put the Cubs ahead, 5-2 …….

:p