Thanks for the reply.

Pretty much what I've read and almost exactly what was stated to me in a phone conversation with an Outfit historian. For what it's worth, the individual with whom I spoke said that Paul Ricca became upset after both he and Accardo talked to Giancana about McGuire. He specifically mentioned McGuire and his statement about Giancana was that he "wasn't minding the store." One other individual stated that SOME of his men became disenchanted because he was missing meetings, etc.

I had not heard the story about Cerone trying to strong-arm a widow. I am aware that
Cerone did not belong to the Taylor St. Crew; I thought he was with Grand Ave. But my point was that he worked with Buccieri, Torello and others at different times. I believe he was present when William Jackson was dispatched. I was just kinda surprised that he was so disliked but worked with these guys from Giancana's old crew.

Accardo, Ricca and Giancana did a lot of work in the 30's, 40's and 50's. I suppose at some point money, power and ego eventually come into play.

I read Roemer's book, along with every other book published about The Outfit, and there were some errors. I did learn a lot..........about Mr. Roemer! I'm sure he was a a good public servant trying to provide the fine citizens of Chicago with a better quality of life. But his book about Accardo focused too much on Mr. Roemer. Enough said.

I appreciate the response and will probably come back with more questions and comments. I enjoy learning, but have no tolerance for name-calling and volatile comments. Respectful discussions are beneficial and worthwhile, disrespecting individuals and their opinions is not.