Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

All that said, our military can do a coup after these results. ohwell They have strongly religious and financially corrupt elements within them to withstand the change that people want.

Agreed. Seems to me whoever is in charge of internal security is in charge of Iran. All dictatorial regimes have this in common. Never trust a regime that is willng to kill its own people. The Tehran regime was pretty ruthless about this a few years ago.

No regime interested in retaining power ever takes the hint. Their primary goal is to keep themselves in power. The current regime is feeling a bit of heat because of international sanctions, and no doubt they'll give a little here or there, but there's one thing they'll never give an inch on ... anything that threatens their control of political power.

It's a tragedy for Iranian folks, and also for folks in other countries who suffer the terrorism which the Tehran regime continues to fund.

I'm by no means going to trust them, but I'm hoping that they would take a lesson from these past four years. Wishful thinking, I know.

//

BTW, something really interesting that I didn't know, is that even prisoners, especially political prisoners were and alway have been allowed to vote. Some have voted.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones