O'Brien blamed dying George Kaufman for collecting rent. O'Brien says working for Angiulos vs. Whitey was "like black and whiteAngiulos didn't charge rent, just wanted bets, "businesslike." "All Stevie and Whitey cared about was the 'rent.'" #whiteytrial #bulgerO'Brien started out with Bernie McGarry, but he went to prison. His agents were defecting so he decided to go to "The Man." #whiteytrialThe Man sent O'Brien to the Angiulos, never lost agents anymore. got to be friendly with Peter Limone, framed for 30 years. #whiteytrialEarly 70's needed layoff, Winter Hill wanted O'Brien. Said: "Everybody's gotta be with somebody." Carney brings up Johnny, O'Brien resists.Winter HIll said to O'Brien: "You wear the white hat, we wear the black hat." In other words, we handle the muscle. #whiteytrial #bulgerO'Brien was a bookie who believed in customer satisfaction. His father, who taught him the 'biz, said ...#BulgerWhen Bobby O'Connor Southie bookie retired O'Brien absorbed his agents. Now talking about deadbeat lawyer who said he's related to Whitey.Timilty was last name of agent who dealt with deadbeat lawyer who owed 4K and claimed Bulger was his relative. #whiteytrial #bulgerwieCarrShow 2h Invoking the Hill when collecting: "the best out I had was, would you like to talk to people from Winter Hill? 'No Dick, we'll settle it.'"

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "