Originally Posted By: ht2
Currently, around 40 million people or so in the US have no health insurance coverage. In certain countries with universal healthcare (Switzerland, Japan etc.) losing all your assets to obtain medical care is unheard of and would be considered scandalous. In the US, it happens all the time.

I'm still skeptical Obamacare will work, especially with lack of commitment to curb illegal immigration and lawsuits.

It just snowballs into a big shit storm. CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) are the biggest thieves. They generate a lot of revenue and profit. Yet they don't pay any taxes to the city, I believe they're a non-profit. I know a family in south phila that are selling their property, they transferred the name awhile ago out of the father's name so CHOP didn't take their home. The son is in his early 20's and has had hodgekin's disease and has had hospitalized over the years there. I tried selling the property but they wanted to much for it. I remember the guy showing me a bill for $60,000 from CHOP. They're the real south-philly loansharks.

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 06/13/13 04:06 PM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."