Originally Posted By: Flushing
I would agree that the New Jersey is the base of the Genovese family now. There are few Genovese (or italians) in Manhattan at all anymore. How many italians neighborhoods in the bronx are left? (throgs neck, pelham, what else?). They have only one crew in queens and none on long island. All there main operations seem to be Jersey, Brooklyn, the northern suburbs and Springfield, Mass.

I mean has anyone been to the "west side" of manhattan recently? Do you see anything resembling a neighborhood environment? All I see is yuppies and super luxury condos.

Most of the old presence in East Harlem may be gone but the Genovese still have a lot of activity in Manhattan as a whole. I'd say Manhattan and the Bronx continues to be the base of the family. That's where the top leadership has been for years now. New Jersey is certainly important, and a Jersey guy will be on the ruling panel now and again, but they're answerable to New York.

Originally Posted By: moneyman
I would wager that no major players are stationed in manhattan anymore.

There are at least half a dozen Genovese crews alone that are active in Manhattan.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/11/13 05:57 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.