@Lou_Parra I had Deer Park exactly in mind. Anybody who has been in central booking for 6 hours thinks there a tough guy and can step up. I'm not exaggerating when you walk into certain bars/restaurants/night clubs in Staten Island odds are you will overhear some twenty something year old say how he made collections for Joe Schmo over the summer or how much weed he can sell in a week it's crazy. Anyways, any solid earners that have been on the street consistently obviously do not involve themselves with these kinds of jerkoffs.

But the point being there is probably one in a dozen of these types who would actually consider whacking a guy like Massino if he lived openly in the NYC area. Massino affected A LOT of people, remember it's not just the wiseguys you hear about in the paper. When a guy like that flips anybody so much within a ear shot of him shuts down (and thats a lot of people) i.e lots of money still on the table, countless friends and relatives who genuinely feel hate for this guy.

That being said I think Massinno will be in witness protection, way less effective witnesses have gone in.